Spend a Summer or Seasonal Vacation at The 219 House:
There is nothing quite like a summer vacation to Maine. There is something about the historic seafaring environment, the smell of the ocean, and the beautiful sound and experience of the waves and changing tides that are sure to send you falling head-over-heels into the nostalgia of a summer you'll never forget. Maine is also an incredible place to visit in the fall and winter seasons to experience the vibrant change in foliage or to immerse yourself in the spirit of the holidays; the possibilities are endless.
You can have the best time doing nothing at all, or almost endless activities to keep you engaged and active all vacation long. Below is a list with just a few local suggestions to whet your appetite for the types of experiences you may want to think about as you plan your getaway by yourself or with your family and friends while staying at the 219 House by the Sea.
- Spend an afternoon looking for seashells or crabbing on our beautiful beaches.
- Sign up for a class at a number of our community centers such as the KBIA.
- Rent a kayak or go sailing to experience the fresh air and Maine coastline.
- Explore the beautiful and expansive grounds of the Famous Franciscan Monastery in Kennebunk.
- Sight-see by taking a drive and getting lost along the coastline to explore the charm of our historic sea-coast towns.
- Go lobster-roll hopping at all of the great shacks along the way.
- Take a shopping trip into Kittery or Freeport to experience the fun of LL Bean and discount designer outlet shopping districts.
- Take a bike ride to Parson's Beach and nap in the quiet solitude of the summer day.
- Make reservations to dine at one of the swanky restaurants in town.
- Plan a trip with the kids to Fun-Town or catch a theatre performance at the Ogunquit Playhouse.
- Enjoy an endless adventure in antiquing and flea-market shopping at some of the most famous antique areas in New England.
- Spoil yourself silly in the high end shopping boutiques or enjoy some of the eclectic and unique shopping or explore studios featuring artwork and handcrafts from our talented local artisans.
- Visit the local farmers and fish markets and purchase your fresh produce for your vacation week including local homemade preserves and fresh blueberries.
- Invite some friends over for an outdoor lobster bake.
- Picnic on the beach.
- Go climbing on the rocks.
- Grab your camera or i-phone and see the area through the lens of a photographer for the day as each vista enchants your soul.
- Take a drive along the back roads of Maine and see the beautiful inland and spacious homesteads while visiting the roadside veggie and flower stands.
- Lose yourself in a local bookstore and find yourself an epic summer read.
- Treat yourself to homemade fudge or ice-cream as you walk along the Port after dinner.
- Charter one of the local boats or go whale-watching.
- Take the family to visit Two Coves Farm in Brunswick Me. owned and operated by Joe Grady Junior and his beautiful family, while experiencing the beauty of Harpswell and the charming town of Brunswick; home of Bowdoin College.
- Explore the Old Port in Portland Maine and enjoy the fusion of modern life with the historic Seafaring community and cobblestone streets with colorful boutique shopping, street performers, and live music.